Our work days move faster and faster. The phone’s ringing, the e-mail’s pinging, and someone has just dashed in waiving something important! It’s overwhelming.
All we want is some peace and quiet so we can focus on getting something done. But how?
- How can we get some quiet in our day?
- How can we get some focus back?
- How can we regain a sense of command over our career and life?
The truth is that getting focus back into the day doesn’t require magic tricks or even dramatic changes in the way we work. All that’s needed are a few small changes to how we approach our technology, our schedules, our tasks and each other. Those small changes deliver a renewed sense of command and control over our days, careers and lives.
The reward? It’s not just getting more done. No. It’s feeling better about what we do because success is a feeling, not a result.
- It feels good to check something off the list.
- It feels good to put a project to bed.
- It feels good to walk into a meeting early.
That’s the promise of Done!: Time Management Strategies for Regaining Command of Your Day. By adopting any one or more of the actionable suggestions contained in the book, we begin to drive the bus again, instead of hanging on desperately to the back bumper!